Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Hello 2017

Well, 2017 has started off with the same sort of tone as 2016.

While 2016 started with my mom getting a cancer diagnosis, at least it was treatable and she's come through everything wonderfully and the 2nd half of the year was great.


2017 was rung in with good friends and fun times initially, but January 2nd I had to make a very hard decision, as my 13 1/2 year old cat Saoirse, who I'd had since she was 9 weeks old, suddenly became gravely ill. I said goodbye to her early afternoon on the 2nd. I know I made the right choice, but it's still hard to handle at the moment - I just have to feel it for now and know that the pain will fade with time.


December however was chaotic, what with the start of our epic winter here in BC, the likes of which we haven't seen in a long time! Add to that the insanity of closing up files at work for the holiday closures, Christmas preparation, and just trying to stay on top of things at home, and there was hardly time to relax! :o

Dating has been more sporadic in the last month or so...I met someone new who intrigues me and I enjoy spending time with, but you never know where things are going to go early on right? We may be on totally different pages...who knows.

I think I'll be working on taking some classes in 2017, maybe getting out and expanding my circle (I know, Ms. Introvert trying to meet new people...HA!). I'm also going to try new things...push out of my comfort zone a little...not sure how I'll do that, but I'm sure I'll start small. Maybe I should get over my issues with boats this year. Or take up archery. Who knows haha

Here's to a great 2017 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment